Vegan food was the fastest growing culinary trend of 2018 as the world is embracing compassionate eating - for animals, human health, and the environment.
Our chefs have put together some delicious vegan recipes that we will reveal throughout the coming months. Enjoy them!
1 tart per person - 278 kcal per person
CHOCOLATE CRUST 220 g flour 100 g coconut oil 70 g muscovado sugar 20 g ground almonds 30 g cocoa powder salt 100 g coconut milk 40 g glucose
CHOCOLATE CREAM 146 g coconut milk 146 g soya cream 26 g inverted sugar 182 g cooking chocolate 65%
1. Rub the coconut oil into the dry ingredients until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mix the coconut milk with the melted glucose.
2. Add the liquid to the powders and lightly mix together to create a dough. Roll out and cut out thediscs.
3. Bake at 160° C for 12 minutes between two baking sheets.
1. Bring the coconut milk, soya cream and inverted sugar to the boil.
2. Pour on to the chocolate and combine.
3. Pour into the moulds (0.8cm - 40g).
Half Swiss, half Italian, Anne was trained by some of the best pastry chefs in Switzerland. Anne has traveled the world to share her passion and further her expertise in the art of pastry. Before joining EHL she has worked as head pastry chef in a renowned restaurant in Milan, and owned her own pastry shop in Switzerland.
Ehrhard Busch grew up in the family restaurant and has been passionate about cooking from a young age. After his studies and some years in catering, he decided to go perfect his French in Paris, where he joined Régis Douysset’s squad in ‘L’escarbille’. He then left for London to toin the famous “Atelier” of Joël Robuchon. His travels and his experiences have made him evolve in his vision of the profession, leading him to become a vegetarian. He has been living and working in Switzerland for the past six years and today he shares this vision at EHL and has created the Green Corner, a concept restaurant that offers a daily seasonal and vegan menu.