Vegan food was the fastest growing culinary trend of 2018 as the world is embracing compassionate eating - for animals, human health, and the environment.
Our chefs have put together some delicious vegan recipes that we will reveal throughout the coming months. Enjoy them!
124 kcal per person
BRUSSELS SPROUTS 500 g Brussels sprouts 30 ml olive oil sea salt cumin
AIOLI 250 g plain hummus 10 g harissa 1 lemon (juice + zest) 10 g smoked pepper powder 15 g agave molasses 10 ml Jerez vinegar 15 g coriander salt garlic powder
1. Remove the first layer of leaves of the Brussels sprouts, then cut in half.
2. Toss the sprouts in a large bowl and season with olive oil, salt and cumin.
3. Heat a pan and put the sprouts face down in the pan and cover with a lid.
4. Once the sprouts start to become a nice brown color, stir until cooked.
5. For the Aioli, mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.
Half Swiss, half Italian, Anne was trained by some of the best pastry chefs in Switzerland. Anne has traveled the world to share her passion and further her expertise in the art of pastry. Before joining EHL she has worked as head pastry chef in a renowned restaurant in Milan, and owned her own pastry shop in Switzerland.
Ehrhard Busch grew up in the family restaurant and has been passionate about cooking from a young age. After his studies and some years in catering, he decided to go perfect his French in Paris, where he joined Régis Douysset’s squad in ‘L’escarbille’. He then left for London to toin the famous “Atelier” of Joël Robuchon. His travels and his experiences have made him evolve in his vision of the profession, leading him to become a vegetarian. He has been living and working in Switzerland for the past six years and today he shares this vision at EHL and has created the Green Corner, a concept restaurant that offers a daily seasonal and vegan menu.