Vegan food was the fastest growing culinary trend of 2018 as the world is embracing compassionate eating - for animals, human health, and the environment.
Our chefs have put together some delicious vegan recipes that we will reveal throughout the coming months. Enjoy them!
315 kcal per person
1.2 kg butternut squash 20 ml olive oil 60 g red onion 1 clove of garlic 20 g sage 50 g dried tomatoes 70 g chestnuts 70 g basmati rice 70 g dried figs 150 ml red wine salt pepper
1. Cut the squash in half and scoop out some flesh and the seeds in the middle. Season each half with salt and pepper.
2. Very finely chop the flesh and cook in a pan with olive oil. Add the finely cubed onion and garlic as well as the rice. Finely cube the tomatoes, chestnuts and figs and add to the mix.
3. Deglaze everything with the red wine and add the minced sage. Let the red wine reduce and cook everything for approx. 10 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Put the mix back in the squash and close the 2 sides with a double layer of tin foil. Cook at 180°C for 1.5 – 2 hours until the squash is soft.
5. Take out of the oven and slice.
Half Swiss, half Italian, Anne was trained by some of the best pastry chefs in Switzerland. Anne has traveled the world to share her passion and further her expertise in the art of pastry. Before joining EHL she has worked as head pastry chef in a renowned restaurant in Milan, and owned her own pastry shop in Switzerland.
Ehrhard Busch grew up in the family restaurant and has been passionate about cooking from a young age. After his studies and some years in catering, he decided to go perfect his French in Paris, where he joined Régis Douysset’s squad in ‘L’escarbille’. He then left for London to toin the famous “Atelier” of Joël Robuchon. His travels and his experiences have made him evolve in his vision of the profession, leading him to become a vegetarian. He has been living and working in Switzerland for the past six years and today he shares this vision at EHL and has created the Green Corner, a concept restaurant that offers a daily seasonal and vegan menu.