Vegan food was the fastest growing culinary trend of 2018 as the world is embracing compassionate eating - for animals, human health, and the environment.
Our chefs have put together some delicious vegan recipes that we will reveal throughout the coming months. Enjoy them!
259 kcal per person
500 g black rice (riz venere) 100 ml red wine 150g white onion 1.5 l vegetable stock 500 g silken tofu 20 g powdered porcini mushrooms 20 g black truffle olive oil salt pepper
1. Finely dice an onion and sweat in a pan with a little olive oil. Add the rice and stir for several minutes.
2. Deglaze with the red wine and continue to cook on a low heat.
3. Once the red wine has reduced, add the vegetable stock little by little and let the rice cook for about 20-30 minutes.
4. In the meantime, blend the tofu and add the powdered porcini. If you cannot buy porcini powder, use porcini mushrooms and blend to a powder.
5. Once the rice has cooked to an “al dente” texture, add the tofu mixture to obtain a creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper and serve on to a plate.
6. Shave a little black truffle over the top and serve immediately.
Half Swiss, half Italian, Anne was trained by some of the best pastry chefs in Switzerland. Anne has traveled the world to share her passion and further her expertise in the art of pastry. Before joining EHL she has worked as head pastry chef in a renowned restaurant in Milan, and owned her own pastry shop in Switzerland.
Ehrhard Busch grew up in the family restaurant and has been passionate about cooking from a young age. After his studies and some years in catering, he decided to go perfect his French in Paris, where he joined Régis Douysset’s squad in ‘L’escarbille’. He then left for London to toin the famous “Atelier” of Joël Robuchon. His travels and his experiences have made him evolve in his vision of the profession, leading him to become a vegetarian. He has been living and working in Switzerland for the past six years and today he shares this vision at EHL and has created the Green Corner, a concept restaurant that offers a daily seasonal and vegan menu.